Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ho hum

Apparently, I'm about 2 lessons behind everyone else now. Must have been all that time that I wasted on Flickr. I still want to go back and try a few more things with blogging and photos.

I'm about to dive into RSS feed, but I'm holding back for some reason. I have a bunch of stuff on my Yahoo account that is very similar to RSS feed, but maybe not exactly the same? I've really enjoyed having previews for all of my email accounts, the weather, craigslist stuff, etc. show up all in one place. I think I'm balking at creating yet another account/thing to check in on. My brain feels on sludgy already.

4 comments:

A. L. said...

Meh. Everyone who starts before August is waaaay ahead of the game. The assignment doesn't technically start 'til then, and it ends in August 2009. So breathe deep, smile, and play with blogs and photos all you like. :-)

Meerkatdon said...

I have a MyYahoo page, and it DOES allow you to add RSS feeds. Like you, I was doing it long before I realized that's what I was doing.

So add some feeds to YourYahoo and jump on in!

A.L.: I didn't realize the assignment doesn't really start until August. I guess I should stop nagging my coworkers.

Emeraldmist Nightfire said...

I've been using Bloglines for a couple of years now (and have also tried Yahoo Reader and Google Reader). Although I prefer Bloglines, any of them are fine!

Once I got used to using an RSS reader (and at first even I thought "what do I need this for?", I really learned to appreciate it because in the long run it saves time in getting new updates from blogs that I read frequently.

hravan said...

Like you, I'm beginning to feel that I have too many sites/places to check and keep updated. For instance, I joined vox, so I could read the Vox blogs, but haven't gone back to see what else it can do.

Since you started your Explorations early, you can just play around to your heart's content. Do what you feel like!