Well, once again I got bogged down in something by thinking it was much bigger than it really was. I'd been putting off using RSS because I couldn't quite wrap my brain around it. I finally decided before vacation to set it up. Turns out that I already had.
Mostly, I just wanted to move some of my email subscriptions (that I never read) to RSS (where I'll forget to read them) so that they can sit on someone else's server and/or not clog up my inbox.
Not sure how I feel about the part where they sort of disappear once you've skimmed the entry. On the other hand, older posts are still there once you've scrolled past your new ones, and I'm not sure how I feel about that either. It makes me slightly twitchy to never get to the last (first) entry--like I could never actually be done.
Still, I may actually use this a bit. Library Journal has a large host of feeds. I still need to sign up for Aquabrowser feeds, and there are many library and web 2.0 feeds that could fill in the gaps of "what's going on?" that I still feel.
This section done--what am I on now, anyway? All of my other 2.o buddies have long since finished.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment